NEW RELEASE - 0.3.1
Notable in this release:
- Iteration pages now display an Iteration Stats sidebar in the same way Milestone pages do
- The ticket work table in the Roadmap and the Iteration pages should now render consistently even on old versions of IE
To upgrade ...
Welcome to the home page of the Agile-Trac Plugin
Agile-Trac adds the concept of Iterations to Trac which allows a more useful Roadmap view with predicted completion date ranges and relatively sized progress indicators. User stories (and tickets in general) can have one or more completion stages defined for them. These are relatively sized using a sizing scale that you define. A story is then DONE when all its completion stages are complete. This allows a historical view of story completion to be captured allowing estimation of future progress. Over time better user story support will be added. You can view the Roadmap to see what is currently planned.
In addition, documentation for Agile-Trac can be found on the Documentation page.
If you register and account you may create a new issue detailing your problem. Please do not use this to create test tickets.
Features to Date
The best way to see what has been done is to browse this site and to read through the user stories on the Roadmap page. However a brief summary list is provided below.
- Iterations are added along with an Iterations page.
- Tickets now have relatively sized completion stages.
- One or more completion stages can be defined for a tickets where each completion stage has associated with it a relative size and a completion date.
- Tickets are closed when all completion stages are Done.
- The Roadmap page is enhanced with a milestone summary view showing estimated completion dates which are based on previous iteration progress.
- Progress bars are relatively sized to provide a better indication of the size of Iterations and Milestones.
- Milestones can now be ordered by priority making it easier to split large Milestones in to smaller Milestones.
If you use Agile-Trac and want to get more involved then please email to request an account. Automatic registration has had to be disabled because of spam. You may then create user stories with suggestions to enhance Agile-Trac. There is also an IRC channel, #agile-trac on freenode, where some of us hang out.
Random Discussion Topics
Some older discussions about this plugin can be found on the InitialDiscussion page.
Useful third-party plugins that work well with Agile-Trac
- This plugin allows you to identify that a given ticket is blocked (or depends on) another ticket.
- This plugin uses Graphviz to display graphs from a wiki markup.
- Version Control with Subversion -- Free online guide to Subversion
Previously this plugin was hosted here http://agiletrac.devjavu.com/